Cortus is working on next generation IoT connectivity modems building up 5G massive Machine Type Communication (mMTC) chipset that will define ultra-low power, high reliability and low-cost benchmarks for SoC products that rely on NB-IoT, BLE and IEEE 802.15.4.
To become a chip leader in wireless connectivity for the IoT market, we are looking for the best talents for Junior/Mid Power Management IC Design Engineers (m/f) for our R&D centers of excellence in LECCE (Italy) where is planned to hire 15+ engineers by 2022 in order to strenghen our on-site team.
The candidate must have a solid background in Analog and Mixed Signal microelectronic with at least 2+ years of experience in power management IC design.
As a Power Management IC designer, you will develop new efficient DC/DC IPs (e.g. bucks, boosts, buck-boosts converters, charge pumps, chargers, LDOs) and implement circuit design with best-practice layout techniques.
He/She will directly interact with system architects, AMS design teams and Back-End engineers for the integration of the Power Management functions into the CORTUS’ SoC family product for wireless connectivity.
The ideal applicants should be familiar to deal in working within a multicultural environment and teams displaced over multiple global locations.
- Engineering masters degree in Electronics/Telecommunications or equivalent
- Deep Experience in design and optimization of voltage regulator high level architecture and low-level circuits, knowing wich are suitable for given applications
- Experience in Power Management architecture tipologies, such as PWM control, constant-on-timr control, and voltage/current mode controls
- Capability to handle the design of CMOS/BCD power management circuits (nuck, boost, LDOs, bandgaps, bias, comparaors, and op-amps) with main EDA tools and meeting performance, area, power and speed constraints
- Capability to review and provide feedback for Printed Circuit Board design from a power perspective and associated I/O
- Knowledge of physical construction and characteristics of capacitor and inductors (on-chip and off-chip)
- Knowledge of Latch-Up and ESD phenomena to assure the functional security of the system
- Scheduling and reporting activities
- English language written and spoken
- Proven communication/interpersonal skills
- Able to assume responsability for a variety of technical tasks and troubleshooting
- Strong sense of reponsability and ability to achieve deadlines
Highly Desired Skills
- Experience modeling circuits in Matlab, VerilogA, Python, or C for concepts prior to implementation
- Validate analog/power design on a lab bench using spectrum analyzers, oscilloscopes, signal generators, etc
- Design with detailed testability, write test plans for trim ans calibration, collaborate with test engineers
- Software development using C/C++
- Script programming language (e.g. perl, shell, phyton)
- Familiar with real-time embedded software (especially debugging)
Job Type and Primary Location
- Full time with permanent contract
- Primary location
- LECCE (Apulia region), Italy
- Application reference : CRTS-IT-LE-2203-AMS.