The APS5 is a fully 32 bit general purpose CPU, designed to provide meet and exceed the needs of the most demanding embedded systems.
It provides higher throughput integer processing than the APS3 with increased configurability, notably with a tightly integrated co-processor interface.
Detailed information can be obtained once a non-disclosue aggrement has been signed (NDA).
The entire GNU GCC toolsuite has been ported to this architecture and is available free of charge.
The APS5 has the following features:
- All necessary tools are available:
- Eclipse based IDE
- GNU GCC and all utilities ported
- GNU GDB Debugger available
- Debug via JTAG
- All tools available free of charge
- Excellent code density
- Sixteen 32 bit general purpose registers
- High computational performance
- Expandable through co-processor interface
- Instruction and data caches
- Most instructions are single cycle, including load and store
More details can be found in the datasheet.